Everything is meaningless...

Thursday, November 16, 2006

For my project research on Betty Boop, I want to find out how many people really know who Betty boop is, what she symbolizes, where she came from, whether or not she was based on a real person or not, and what people associate her with.. I know she is a cartoon based on the 1920's flappers, and Ive read a basic history of Betty Boop...but I want to find out what other people know about her based on just hearing her name or seeing her image in stores. For part of my research, I want to go to stores that might feature her stuff and find out if the people selling Betty Boop stuff know what she is about. Also, I might ask random people questions about her in the form of a questionaire or survey, and possibly film it and put it into a mini documentary. I shall call it "The Elusive Betty Boop!" So far, I have asked a few people who they think she is, and from my friend Alex, all I got was "boop oop e do!" I think it might be interesting to piece together words and statements about who people think she is as well as finding out more about the history of her character- online, and possibly on film, if I can find any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home